Monday, April 03, 2006

Danielle's Birthday Week and the Mall Story

Trying not to be so far between posts, but oh well...life goes on.

The other day, we went to the mall for a little family outing...and we needed something to do. At one point, we let Joshua get out of the stroller to walk around. He really enjoyed looking at different things, but he especially seemed to like looking down from the top level through the railing. I didn't concern myself too much because I didn't think he could fit through the bars. But he did end up putting his head through to get a better look. Then he started crying. Turned out, he couldn't get his head back through. So, I went over to help him and tried pushing his head through. It wouldn't go through! I tried a few times and it just wouldn't go through. For a moment, my head spun as I thought "oh no, what if I CAN'T get his head through? What are we going to do? Who would I call? Wait a minute...how'd he get his head through it if I can't get it back out? That's frustrating! This can't be happening, it's not logical!" There was more, but you get the idea. Then I repositioned his head once more and out came his head. He was still crying and just wanted to be held. Who would blame him? But it wasn't long before he was back at the railing looking down. Hopefully, he won't need counseling for this later in life.

We finished up Danielle's birthday week by letting her have a nice long nap on Saturday and then going to her aunt's house on Sunday to get a lengthy massage. Her aunt is a licensed massage therapist. She really enjoyed the pampering.

No comments: