Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Top 9 Idol Results; Healthy Again; Kids

Just got done watching the American Idol wrap up show and I'm a bit sad. No...I'm really sad. At least you can't say..."it's just a TV show, Brent!" It's not just a TV show...it is reality. Someone really got voted off this week that I liked. Mandisa...or as some had called her...Mandiva. She exited with class, though, and even blessed everyone in the name of Jesus...on national TV! I bet the censors went crazy :-). Actually, to see Paris, Elliot and Mandisa in the bottom three was even more shocking then to not see Ace, Katherine and Bucky there. But like I said before, because it was country week, Bucky was likely safe for another week. Speaking of next week, they're doing the music of Queen. I'd love to see Bukcy try to do Bohemian Rhapsody.

Back to the family...so, Joshua is beginning to really assert his independence and display some tantrum-like episodes. I think I've always felt like he has the potential to be a strong-willed child. This is beginning to confirm that. He's still a joy, mind you. But when he starts to throw a fit because he doesn't want his pants or sweats put on, that's a problem. Of course, 5 minutes later and we can put them on without a struggle *sigh*.

Tomorrow, Danielle is taking the kids back to the doctor for what is hopefully to get a clean bill of health from all the sicknesses they've been passing between each other. It's been three weeks since Joshua initially got sick. I feel like it's been three months. Glad everyone's healthy again.

Abigail turns 3 months tomorrow. We finally transferred her to her crib in Joshua's room (which is hard to say since it's not just Joshua's room anymore). We would have done it sooner, but when she got sick and was having so much congestion, we felt she wouldn't sleep the whole night and would wake Joshua up. This past week, she's been sleeping consistantly for 8 hours (like between 11PM and 7AM). I don't know if I blogged about this, but she is smiling and cooing so much more now. It's SO cute! For whatever reason, she smiles almost everytime we pump her legs. She's also started sucking on her fist. We tried giving her a pacifier, and she would take it initially and start sucking. But inevitably, it gets spit out...but I don't think she intends to. I think her bottom jaw doesn't come out as far as most and so she can't keep the pacifier in her mouth very easily.

No comments: