Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Idol and Birthday - Part 2

First off...big shocker on Idol. Not so much that Lisa was voted off. But that 1) Bucky wasn't in the bottom three and 2) Katherine was. I'm not a huge Katherine fan, but she is good...certainly better than Bucky. Okay...to go into the "what DO you believe?" category...Katherine sings this song proclaiming that you can only trust in yourself. Tonight, being in the bottom 2, she says that she'll just keep doing what God wants her to do. So...which is it?? *sigh* It was sad to see Lisa go though since she's a local (from Anaheim) and has a killer smile. Then they said next week, they're all doing country. Great...right up Bucky's alley...guess he'll be around a couple more weeks *sigh*.

Back to Danielle's birthday...which was today. So, I stayed home from work to basically watch the kids all day. Although, she did take the kids this morning and go to breakfast with her mom while I stayed home. I used that time to put together a couple happy birthday letters, one from Joshua and one from Abigail. Danielle got back about 9:45 and pumped some milk for me to use at the next feeding which was about 10. Soon after, she and her mom went to get their nails done. So, after I fed Abigail, I took the kids to get some birthday cards I could put their letters into. I also went to the florist to get some flowers, some from me and some from Lisa who had asked me to get some.

Once back home, I put the letters in the cards I got and realized that the card that was to be from Joshua was a birthday card for grandma, not mom. I also had put together a little gift certificate for Danielle - good for 5 2-4 hour naps throughout the year. Basically, I give Danielle the opportunity to go to a neighbor's or something to take a nice long nap without the distractions of two young children. It's always a good thing to let your wife nap.

Anyway, I later was able to go to the store and get the right card for Joshua to use and all was well. Danielle loved the flowers and the letters. Later we went out for dinner to a Hawaiian BBQ place that we'd been wanting to go to. It was really good. So, that made for a nice birthday dinner (even though Monday's trip to Summit House was really the birthday dinner).

No comments: