Monday, April 24, 2006

Sick again; Portraits

Another lag between posts...shame. Joshua got sick again this week. This is just weird...he was so healthy his first year and now in the past 6 weeks or so, he's just getting sick over and over. I ended up taking him into Urgent Care on Wednesday night. You know...that makes it sound so...well...urgent. It really wasn't that bad. It's just we didn't want to wait till the next morning to take him into walk-in hours. Not to mention the fact that Danielle would have to do that on her own whereas I could take him in to Urgent Care myself without having to take Abigail. Anyway, it just worked out better. The doctor said he had a lot of snot build-up in his ears which I guess is a sign that an ear infection is budding...which is really what we wanted checked. So, we got another prescription for that. I think he's beginning to feel better now, which is nice. Now if they could just come up with some prescription medicine for whinyness and tantrum-like symptoms.

On Friday, I stayed home from work and we took the kids to get some new portraits. We were supposed to do it as Abigail's 2 month and Joshua's 18 month portraits, but that didn't happen with everyone getting sick so darn much. So, now it's more like Abigail's 3...almost 4 month portraits and Joshua's 19...well, almost 20 month portraits. Nonetheless, we got 'em done. One things for sure...we won't be doing them together at the same time for awhile. OH MY GOSH!!!! Perhaps we just have to schedule it a bit better. But something was in the air that day that wasn't entirely right. Granted, we got some really cute poses. But that doesn't communicate what we went through just to get those. Maybe when they're teenagers, we'll try it again.

But I thought I'd post a few of the proofs so you could enjoy them. We got a pretty full package and since I have no idea who's reading this blog, if you're interested in one of these in wallet size and we have one, I'd be happy to mail one off. I suppose I could try scanning them in once we get them to make them email-able. Hopefully Sears doesn't get mad that I'm posting these.

UPDATE: After posting this, I realized I should comment on Joshua's outfit. We actually got those outfits BEFORE Joshua was born. They were a baby shower gift from friends at our old church. We loved them, but they're size 2T and we thought we'd never get around to wearing them. But Joshua is already fitting into 2T clothes, so we thought we'd try them for the portraits. The tops fit pretty well. The bottom part on the other hand...you can see the plaid shorts...yes, they're shorts, not pants. We didn't quite feel socks and shoes were appropriate in this case. For the other outfit, we used another pair of tan slacks we already had.





No comments: