Saturday, September 11, 2004

You just don't know till you experience it...

"Get your sleep now, you're going to need it later"
"Better rest now, you're not getting any after he's born"

These and other such statements were made several times before giving birth to Joshua. Of course, we knew what they were saying and it made sense. But it just doesn't have the same impact until you actually experience it. I feel like I'm in the middle of one large all nighter with the high school group at church. I'll have spurts of energy to help me through, yet I feel an overall sense of exhaustion unlike anything I've felt in a long while. But I'm okay with that because I understand why I feel that way and it's totally worth it. Joshua is utterly the most beautiful, handsome baby I've ever seen. Wait...I think I said that before :-). That will become and already has been a familiar refrain coming from my lips.

Gotta go back and have a "candlelight" dinner with my wife. The hospital likes to do that for the parents of a newborn as a sort of celebration. Won't really have candlelight I don't think, but a cool thought nonetheless.

No comments: