Friday, September 10, 2004

First Feeding

I bottle fed Joshua this morning. What an incredible experience! We tried breast-feeding throughout the night and had nominal success...as far as we could tell. But come morning, we were told that he really needed some additional nutrients. Danielle was still recovering from everything and just wasn't at a place to try feeding again, so we decided it was fine to go with the bottle this time and try again later.

The first time I tried burping him, he immediately let out a simple burp. The second time, he let loose. For those of you who have seen the "I felt it!" SmartBeep commercial, you may not get this...but I truly "felt it!" as I held him. I thought, "Like father, like son". What a good boy :-)!

It is truly amazing to hold your newborn child and to feel the kind of love for him that you really have never felt before. And it sure helps when he is just so cute! Am I biased? Of course...

No comments: