Friday, June 09, 2006

Just another week in the Cannon household

It was just a matter of time...not only does Abigail seem to be getting a cold, Danielle and Joshua also are battling something. We have a feeling they got it at MOPS on Thursday. But we hate to blame stuff like that too. Whatever the case may be, Abigail had a miserable night last night which meant mommy and daddy didn't sleep well either. I was reminiscing a day or two ago my statement previously about finally getting to the point where we weren't giving medicine to anyone after having done so for a couple months straight. That ended when Joshua got his antibiotics for "the incident". Now everyone's sick so who knows when this little stint will end. Let's hope it ends soon. I'm not sure we have the emotional strength to handle another couple months of someone being sick.

Speaking of "the incident"...we had a visit from Animal Control today. Sadly, they said they had to take Goldie for a few days (6 days I believe) since this was the second reported incident. The first being that Goldie had nipped at Joshua's cousin Jefferson a year and a half ago. Wasn't nearly as bad as what happened to Joshua, but it got reported nonetheless. But because it was the second time, they have to quarantine Goldie at the pound rather than let us keep her inside here. State law apparently. Will have to read up on that law (yeah right...like I have time to do that). It was very sad seeing them take Goldie knowing we wouldn't see her for almost a week. Sort of sudden and unexpected. Not sure it's fully sunk in for me yet.

Kind of unrelated to all that I'm blogging about, but it's just too cute a picture to pass up sharing here. This is Goldie and Joshua doing what they do best - trying to get mommy's attention while she's feeding Abigail. They will often climb all over Danielle without the slightest concern over Abigail. It's actually quite humerous even if it's annoying at times.

This isn't something I've blogged about for awhile, but it's certainly newsworthy. Back in October 2004, I blogged about my company's stock price, which at the time was in the high 5's to low 6's. This week, it's been hovering in the $15 range only today closing below that to $14.93. Either way, it's pretty cool. I'm not sure I could've imagined back then it would get to this point. Now I'm imagining it hitting $20! ** calm down Brent **

Back to more mundane things...it is now jacaranda season here at the complex. That means an endless stream of those beautiful yet annoying little purple flowers come down in our patio only to be dragged into the house by anyone walking outside even for a moment. It does look really pretty when you look out over the "greenbelt". But what a mess they make!

The two plants I have in our patio are blooming really nicely. We have a rose bush that Danielle's sister Lisa got as a gift I think and so I planted it not thinking it would last more than a month. It's now been there over 3 years I think. I had planted three jasmine bushes and liked how they were growing so much along the fence, I planted three more thinking I'd fill up that fence. It's been a few years, but it's finally producing a generous amount of its fragrant blossoms.

No comments: