Sunday, June 25, 2006

Father's Day; Softball; Brotherly Love

Been a week...I hate saying that as an excuse not to have blogged sooner...but it's just been a week. Actually, more so than that is the fact that by the time we put Abigail down for the night around 9:30PM or so, I am so sleepy that to even try to blog on something would be hard. *sigh* Am I just getting old?? Don't answer that!

So, a week ago today was Father's Day. My second one :-). We dedicated Abigail at church similar to how we dedicated Joshua last year on Father's Day which is kind of cool. And no, we don't plan on dedicating our next child next year on Father's Day. It's fun to do consecutive Father's Day dedications...but not that fun. Anyway, later after church, when Danielle and the kids took their naps, I went to play softball with other men in the church. It was more of a practice in preparation for the summer softball league. Been a couple years since I've played, so was a little rusty. But I didn't pull any muscles or get hurt more than just a little tightness, which is fabulous.

That was until this past weekend. Saturday morning, the men did another practice and this time, I wasn't so fortunate. I was fielding balls at the shortstop position when I took a ball right above the ankle. I didn't think much of it at first...yeah, it stung a little, but didn't seem that bad. After a couple minutes I looked down and noticed a rather large bulge in my sock and I didn't think it was my ankle. So I quickly excused myself from the field and took a look. Yeah, it was like the size of a tennis ball, right above my ankle. So, got some ice, elevated it and rested for a little bit before heading home. Today, it's still a little swollen and sometimes hurts more than not. It really looks a lot worse than it is. Here's a picture I took earlier today. I had just taken off the Ace bandage I had on it (which explains the indentations).

One of the neatest things I'm seeing with Joshua is how much he really loves Abigail. It's hard to imagine that it's something we've taught him, except through our own actions perhaps. But it's as though there's something we're born with that immediately gives us the capacity to show love to another person, especially an immediate family member. I guess I've shared this before, but it's just so apparent...and so cool, that it bears repeating. He really loves giving her kisses. Here's a picture we got of him kissing her. I hate to say it, but it almost looks like he's giving her a french kiss.

No comments: