Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Been a while...more American Idol...Danielle's Birthday - Part 1

While it's been 11 days since the last post, I will try not to make this too long. Not so much because I don't want to share everything, but because of what time it is right now. You see...I don't often get a chance to do much posting till late at night when we're all in bed and by that time, I'm fading pretty quickly.

Case in point...check out the previous post...the title of which is "Survivor Wrap-up..." I think because I make reference to Survivor, I was inclined to use that. But the fact is, I was probably falling asleep while finishing the post and when entering a title, didn't think twice about what I was putting down.

Well...since it is Tuesday, and American Idol was just on and it's fresh in my mind, I'll provide my own synopsis of it. B-O-R-I-N-G! Wow...what a non-event it was tonight. They were all donig songs from the 21st century, which is basically anything in the past 5-6 years. Mandisa surprised me by doing a Mary Mary song (they are a Christian R&B duo) and proclaiming pretty loudly her faith in Christ. Her performance wasn't earth-shattering, but it was cool to hear it. Contrast that with Katherine's song called "The Voice Within" where she says that you can only trust yourself. *sigh*

The last couple weeks have been tough. Both kids and Danielle have been sick for most of that time. I just have a minor cough which is manageable. Danielle took them to the doctor this morning to have all three of them checked out. Joshua's ear infection is still there (or left and came back) while now he says Joshua might have a sinus infection. Either way, it makes him pretty miserable at times. We know this too shall pass...we're just hoping it passes soon.

Tomorrow is Danielle's birthday. So, Monday we got a babysitter - first time for Abigail - and first went to dinner at the Summit House. We've been there a couple times before and usually get the John Dory. That was nice. Afterwards, we went over to a friend's who have a nice jacuzzi formed from rock. We sat in the jacuzzi for almost an hour and that was really nice.

Okay...it's late again and I'm falling asleep at the keyboard. So, I'll post what I have and update it later.

No comments: