Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Santa Ana Zoo

On Saturday, we decided to go to the Santa Ana Zoo. I think we might have been once or twice in the distant past. But Danielle read about it in a book about activities you can do with your family in Southern California. So, we thought it'd be a fun activity to do in the morning. Turns out we loved it so much, we went back in the afternoon and bought an annual pass for the family. Not only that, but we will likely have Joshua's 2 year birthday party there. Wow...is that extreme or what?

What's really nice about this zoo is that it's the perfect size for a toddler. Not so large that they get overwhelmed, but not so small that he gets bored easy. They have a really nice area where you can get snacks, have a picnic or just rest while the kids can use the playground area.

Funny story...we're at the playground and I needed to change Joshua's diaper. So, I took him into the restroom where there's one of those diaper changing tables that fold down in the large handicap stall. I stood him on it to pull down his shorts which I got down to his ankles and then proceeded to lay him down onto the table. I went to grab the shorts and...they weren't there! I looked down and found that as I picked him up to lay him down, the shorts sort of slipped off over his shoes and fell off...directly into the toilet. I quickly went to grab them and start ringing them out. I let out a little word of frustration - don't worry, it was clean - and Joshua just started laughing at me. Needless to say, I felt dumb. Of course, I came back out and confessed to Danielle what had happened - hard to hide something like that when he's no longer wearing his shorts - and a couple other parents just said not to worry...that we've all done it :-).

No comments: