Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Another week

Another week has gone by without a post...*sigh* I'll try to recap a few things as I think of them.

Last Friday, I went to a Men's BBQ at church. They had Big B's catering. They specialize in BBQ ribs and chicken. Good stuff. They're actually right behind us in the Albertson's shopping center, so everytime I walk over to the store, I smell the delicious spread. It was a good time at the event...and I didn't have to deal with the kids :-). But thankfully for Danielle, our good friend Stephanie came over to help out. Thanks Stephanie!!!

Saturday morning, we all went to the driving range so I could hit a bucket of balls and practice my golf swing. It's my birthday this Thursday and Danielle arranged for me to play golf with someone from our old church. Since I haven't even swung my clubs for almost a year, it was a good idea to get out a few times. Abigail fell asleep and so she stayed in the stroller while I practiced. Danielle took Joshua around and let him explore. It was fun for all. That night, we went to the Friends Center banquet. This is where Danielle recently finished her Master's degree. We love going, but it's especially nice because you not only get a dinner out of it, but also childcare. Gotta love that!

I went Monday night to the driving range again to get some more practice in. The place was well lit and it was nice and cool outside. I'm actually starting to feel a little more at ease and will get one more practice in tomorrow night. While I was there, they brought out the vehicle that goes around collecting all the golf balls that have been hit. It was the weirdest thing...as soon as the vehicle came out, it was as though every ball that was hit was aimed directly for it. Like there was either some gravitational pull or a certain collective motivation to hit it. Whatever the reason, to see a group of white balls all of a sudden attempt to descend on this thing was quite humerous. I had to stop myself a few times because I could just feel myself starting to crack up while trying to hit the ball.

So, Danielle was just reading a MOPS Magazine and came across an ad for Holy Folks. There's always comments made about how commercialized Christianity has become. This seems to be the epitomy. 'Nuff said.

More to come later. I'm falling asleep and need to go to bed.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Oh my gosh, so many issues with the Holy Folks. And I didn't even look past the first page! So, they're "Always Faithful, Always Smiling," huh? Weird, that describes almost NO ONE in the Bible. Moses, David, Adam, Eve... And the whole idea that faithful Christians always have to be smiling is ludicrous.