Thursday, May 04, 2006

My Birthday; 83

I'm not one to toot my own horn...even if I had my own horn...and advertise that it was my birthday today. But I guess I already spilled the beans in the previous post, so there's not much tooting necessary. And no, I'm not turning 83. That was my golf score today. And for those not in the know about golf, 83 is pretty darn good (there I go tooting my own horn again).

I played with a friend from our old church and he invited his neighbor. It was a great time. I already knew that I like playing golf. I just don't always remember that I LOVE playing golf. And it's not just because I do pretty well, I love being outside with the green grass and trees. We played at the Westridge Golf Club in La Habra, my hometown. Really nice course built in the southern hills of the city.

On the way home, I treated myself to a lunch from The Hat. Pastrami Dip and fries...too much for one sitting, so I'm saving the rest for lunch tomorrow. After filling up with that and getting the mail, I took a nap with my wife while the kids were asleep. Only one hour long opportunity a day to do that.

After our nap, Danielle arranged for us to go to Fullerton College and get a massage. The students who are going through the program are, at this stage, just working to get their hours in before moving on. So, they're all relatively experienced, yet still new. So you still get a good professional massage at a fraction of the cost since you're not paying them, you're paying the department.

I would write more, but I'm falling asleep. I think it took me 5 minutes to write the last paragraph.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: