Friday, February 03, 2006

Weighing at the supermarket

Talking about weighing reminded me that we took Abigail to the supermarket yesterday to weigh her on the produce scale. We did this with Joshua when he was a month or two old so we could get a clearer picture of how heavy he was. Someone gave us the idea of using the produce scales but can't remember who. Using these scales allows us to get the pounds AND the ounces rather than using a bathroom scale.

I think when we did this with Joshua, I was a little more tentative about it wondering what people might think or whether the produce workers would get upset. But I think I realized this time that I didn't really care what people thought and if the produce workers said something, we wouldn't do it. Perhaps it's the "it's easier to ask for forgiveness rather than ask for permission" syndrome. So, we just confidently walked up to a scale, put the blanket on it and then Abigail, took pictures and were done. There was even a produce worker working nearby with his back to us. Near the end, we could hear over the loud speaker, "Code 501 in produce". We couldn't help but think that "code 501" meant "Crazy parent weighing their infant on the produce scale". Nothing happened but maybe we left before anyone could get there to scold us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to cute. I wish I had thought about this before Raven got to big to do it. Love it. :o)

Anonymous said...

that is really funny. well, how much does she weigh now? She is so cute! :->