Friday, February 10, 2006

Sharing with the family

It's been an interesting week. About Wednesday, it seems the whole family started getting sick. I would blame Joshua for it, except none of us have thrown up like he did. I think I may have it the worst, but that's only because I can express it in words. Joshua and Abigail can't yet express what they're feeling, so we can only go by what their symptoms appear to be. Nonetheless, it's great to be in a family that shares things with each other.

Tonight, Joshua threw up again. But again, I was able to anticipate it and catch it (literally) before he threw up in his crib. I was actually downstairs with Abigail while Danielle tried to get some much needed rest before the next feeding. I kept listening to Joshua cough and cough and sometimes wheeze. Finally, I just had to go in and check on him. So, I went into our bedroom, put Abigail in the bassinet, told Danielle I'm going to check on Joshua, went into the bedroom and picked Joshua up. No sooner had I taken him out of his crib that he started throwing up. Not a whole lot yet...that was just the start. Danielle heard him and rushed in with a spit rag which she put under his mouth right when the next wave came. Basically, we went through about 4 spit rags, two towels and his pajamas before we were done. But I didn't have to change his bedding :-)! Danielle and I make a great team!

No comments: