Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving day, we spent the morning walking to the park (Tri-City Park), playing there for a short while and walking back home. I was tired, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Enough so that I didn't even take a nap while everyone else did. Instead, I got caught up with our finances and getting some other things taken care of. Must be the Juice Plus ;-).

After naps, we drove over to Danielle's aunt's house in Lakewood to have a Thanksgiving dinner and some family time with her extended family. Here is a picture of all of us at the table. We started off going around and saying one thing (or more if you'd like) that you're thankful for. That was pretty cool. Even Abigail made a couple cute sounds at about the right time. But when it came to Joshua, he surprised everyone...especially his Mom and Dad. He said something like "dankful fo you and you and you..." as he pointed towards each person around the table. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen and I don't necessarily say that because he's my son. I would have thought the same thing had it been someone else's 2 year old. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a proud father at that moment.

So, I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving and could reflect again on the things that we can be thankful for, no matter how big or small they may be. It's good to have a thankful heart. Keeps you humble.

No comments: