Saturday, November 25, 2006

My "Grass"

One of the things I've gotten done in the past couple months is get some new "grass" put in. This time, unlike all the other times, it's still there. Here's a picture of it. Looks good, huh? I love having "grass" there and having a place Goldie can do her thing as well as a place Joshua can play on...and eventually Abigail. Not only that, but this is drought-resistant "grass". Doesn't require much water, if any. And the only other thing I need to do with it is rake it to get all the tree trimmings off of it.

Yes, all this is true. The only difference is that it's not real grass. If it were real, it'd already be dead. Goldie can do her thing and all I need to do is rinse it off. Water just soaks through it into the ground. No trimming or mowing necessary. It's a wonderful thing. And it really wasn't that expensive when you think of all the time and energy you have to put into not only preparing and planting real grass, but also maintaining it and keeping it looking decent.

I'm pleased.

No comments: