Friday, December 01, 2006

Christmas Lights

Today is the first day of the last month of the year. In other words, 2006 is almost over! Weird...not only that, but Abigail will be 1 in a month and a few days. We haven't even started thinking about her birthday party...but I digress...

Today was a great accomplishment. I finally got the Christmas lights up. Of course, before I could do that, I had to clean the patio from all the stuff the wind blew in this week. And since I was putting up lights on the rafters, I had to clean out all the spider webs and such from there. And since the lights were going around the windows, I had to clean the windows. It was just one chore after another. But I sure am glad to have that done.

Afterwards, we went out to dinner and then drove to a neighborhood in Brea where a majority of them go all out with the Xmas lights and decorations outside, enough so that later in the month, there are lines of cars going through that neighborhood. Fortunately, there was hardly anyone tonight and some of the homes didn't appear to have gotten all their decorations up. Every time we'd see a manger scene, we'd say to Joshua, "Happy Birthday Baby Jesus" and he would repeat it. It was really cute. He is really enjoying trains (he calls them "choo choo twains"). So, he kept looking for them in the decorations and getting excited when he'd see one. Maybe we'll go looking for more of them another time.

No comments: