Monday, October 18, 2004

Some Firsts

The past week or so, we've had a few firsts. A week ago Saturday (exactly one month old), he gave daddy his first smile. At least, that's my claim and I'm sticking to it. Since then, he's been giving us a little smile here and a little smile there. Of course, VERY cute!

A day later, we gave him his first full bath. Now...before you start wondering how we could not give him a bath for a month, just understand that we had been using some rinse free stuff given to us from the hospital up to that point. You wet a washcloth with this solution and wipe him down. Very convenient. So, I don't want to get a phone call from social services this week about this! Anyway...he did great. Just laid there and took it all in. He wasn't smiling necessarily. But he wasn't crying or fussing either. Just sort of checking it all out to see whether he liked it or not. We have some pictures I'll post sometime soon.

That same night, we tried letting him sleep through the night for the first time. Mind you..."through the night" means missing a feeding, which when done every three hours, means 6 hours max. But he practically did it. I believe Danielle ended up feeding him at 1:30AM and he slept till 7:30AM. Since then he's slept on average about 6 hours at a time. Danielle was especially excited about that! I, on the other hand, have been relatively oblivious since I have been normally falling sound asleep by 11 or midnight...and I mean SOUND asleep. The past few nights, Danielle would tell me the next morning how she would have full conversations with me and I would have absolutely NO recollection of them. Or she would ask me if I felt her scratching my back or whatever. Nothing. No recollection whatsoever. Too bad...I would've enjoyed those back scratches.

No comments: