Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Anniversary Day

Today is our 8th wedding anniversary. After dating for almost four years prior to that, it's weird to think we've been with each other for nearly 12 years now. But I certainly wouldn't trade it for anything!

This morning, I made Danielle breakfast in bed including a freshly cut yellow rose from our front patio. That surprised her and gave me some serious brownie points. Brent - 3; Danielle - 0.

On my way home from work, I stopped off at a flower shop and got her a beautiful bouquet of flowers in a really nice arrangement in a basket. Of course, it not only included some beautiful red roses, but also some of her favorite flower, the star gazing lily. That shocked her! Brent - 7; Danielle - 0.

Then we went to Claim Jumper for dinner after she fed Joshua so he would be full and contented when taking him. I could say that "I" took Danielle to dinner...but that would not be accurate. It was a fun time for all. No brownie points awarded either way. Still Brent - 7; Danielle - 0.

Back at home, I finished watching the Red Sox become the first team ever to come back from a 0-3 deficit in the playoffs to force a game 7 tomorrow. That was fun to watch...because I have to admit, I've never really liked the Yankees. They always seem so pompous and stuck up. So, I'm giving myself some brownie points only because I was so pleased by the outcome of the game. Brent - 9; Danielle - 0.

Then Danielle gave me the best back rub. Very loving and sweet. She really knows how to use her hands...and we'll just leave it at that :-). Brent - 9; Danielle - 10.

But no day would be complete without acknowledging the work that any stay at home mom does to take care of the family, whether it's one child or ten. For Danielle, that gives her enough brownie points to never need to do another thing for me because I know she is the best mom a child could ever have and the best wife a husband could ever have.

Final score: Brent - 9; Danielle - priceless

Happy Anniversary!

No comments: